Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Daily Donut Day 91- The Doughnut Plant NYC Blueberry Glazed Donut


Thanks to my friends Caroline at BRF(www.bethanyresortfurnishings.com) and Diana of the Judith M(www.judithmfishing.com), I have been able to enjoy some of my favorite donuts recently. The Doughnut Plant at 379 Grand St in New York City(212)505-3700 makes some of the coolest donuts you can find. All varieties are made with no trans fats and using fresh organic ingredients!


DOUGHNUT PLANT NYC BLUEBERRY GLAZED DONUT

Organic blueberries in a sweet glaze coating a fresh yeast raised donut! This is not only a gourmet donut- it is GOOD for you!
I have always loved blueberries. My Aunt Lizabelle had  a blueberry bush in her backyard in Fruitland when I was a kid. I remember coming in the house with blue hands and a blue ring around my face after picking all I could eat off that bush. I have three blueberry bushes growing in my yard, but have not had one blueberry yet. Maybe next year will be my year!
Mark Isreal, of the Doughnut Plant, tries to use fresh fruits and nuts in season. I know Doughnut Plant offers peach and pistachio donuts when they are in season. Another reason to make that trip to NYC!
Check out the Doughnut Plant at www.doughnutplant.com.

EAT HAPPY!

No comments: