Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Daily Donut Day 69- Cops & Doughnuts Maple Bacon Longjohn Squealer

On our way home from our Michigan vacation I was "pulled over" by this great billboard! There was no way we could continue our trip home without stopping by to see what was going on in downtown Clare, Michigan(www.claremichigan.com).

City Bakery opened in Clare, Michigan in 1896. When the bakery was about to close recently, the local Clare Police saved the day! Literally, they bought the business! All nine members of the local Clare Police force became owners of the bakery now known as Cops & Doughnuts(www.copsdoughnuts.com). These guys really know how to support the local community and are committed to supporting many local charities including Toys for Tots(www.toysfortots.org).

Thanks Clare's Finest!

You gotta love a place with a giant donut out front!

Maple Bacon Longjohn Squealer, I love you! I love these Longjohns! They are double the average donut! This is a breakfast you can hold in one hand! Like a plate of pancakes with maple syrup and a side of bacon. I was hooked at first bite! Carter and Blaine also each had one of these Longjohns that are sooo good they should be illegal! We would have all ended up in jail!

We did have to lock Chloe up for a while in "The Hole", a cell which also doubles as the bathroom. Too cool!

Cops & Doughnuts is a great donut shop with a great story! I am planning on "turning myself in" next time I'm in the area. I'm hoping to get a "life sentence" of DONUTS!

EAT HAPPY!

No comments: