Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

THE DAILY DONUT 2012- HOCKER'S ORPHANED DONUTS

HOCKERS G&E SUPERMARKETS


Needed supplies for BRF(www.bethanyresortfurnishings.com) the other day, so I headed to the local Hocker's G&E Supermarket(www.hockersmarkets.com) in Ocean View. Hockers G&E is one of those locally owned businesses that has everything. There are two locations, Ocean View and Clarksville, and each location has a grocery store and hardware store side by side. If you can't find what you are looking for here, chances are, you don't really need it. They have everything from toys to fishing equipment, movies to make-up, even an in store BAKERY! As a side note Hockers has the largest ice cream selection of any grocery store I have seen. There are ice creams here that I have never tried- just saying.
Whenever I have to stop by Hockers G&E, I always stop by the bakery department to see if they have any orphaned donuts. What are orphaned donuts, you ask? 

HOCKERS G&E ORPHANED DONUTS

I can never pass up the day old or "orphaned donuts", as I like to call them. As much as I love donuts, I hate to think that these perfectly good donuts will end up in a trash pile. I can't help but "adopt " these unwanted waifs and share them with others. Also, Hockers donuts stay amazingly fresh for days and the price can't be beat!

HOCKERS ANGEL CREME FILLED LONG JOHN

This is a great donut and an especially lucky find in the "orphaned " donut bin. This Long John donut is filled with delicious light fluffy angel creme inside the yeast raised donut and topped with vanilla AND chocolate frosting! SCORE!
Next time you are in a grocery store or bakery ask about the "orphaned " donuts. You will not be sorry! Not only will you be getting a great deal on a great donut, you will be saving some of these lovelies from a trashy ending.


Saw a beautiful rainbow on my way home! Coincidence, I think not! I believe this was my reward for rescuing those "orphaned" donuts! 

EAT HAPPY!

No comments: