Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

THE DAILY DONUT 2012- KRISPY KREME "HOLE IN ONE"


Krispy Kreme will always be my first real "donut love." I can still remember my first fresh, HOT off the line Honey Glazed! WOW! Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin!

Hot Glazed Goodness!

My first Krispy Kreme experience was at the Krispy Kreme at 2401 Battleground Ave in Greensboro, NC. I was attending the High Point Furniture Market for my employer, Mitchells Interiors(www.mitchellsinteriors.com) and we were staying in Greensboro. Not everyone knows that Krispy Kreme is a North Carolina company started in 1937 in Winston-Salem, NC. Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point make up the Piedmont Triad(www.piedmonttriadnc.com), these three great cities are all within about 10 minutes of each other depending on where you are in each city. Well, I was standing in the Krispy Kreme store on Battleground Avenue staring at the HOT, FRESH, DONUTS, coming down the line right at me!


Yes, just like the picture above! If you can look at that donut line and not want a donut, I am sorry, but you are reading the wrong blog. This is what it is all about -baby! Call it Donut Heaven, Donut Nirvana, whatever- this is the mother lode! I imagined myself at the end of the line catching donuts in both hands and my mouth! I could watch that channel a l l  d a y  l o n g! That week in 1987, I think I ate over 28 Krispy Kreme donuts. An average of 6 donuts a day over a 4 day period. Thus began a long and satisfying love affair with Krispy Kreme. I love them so much, I even purchased a few shares of the stock. I figured it was a good investment with all the support I have been sending their way for years!


This light means STOP! HOT DONUTS NOW! It should be obeyed whenever possible.


I needed a Krispy Kreme fix recently, and since we do not have a Krispy Kreme shop in this locality(hint, hint Krispy Kreme Gods) I had to make due with KK's from the box. Almost as good if you put one in the microwave for 8 to 10 seconds! Once my donut was hot I decided to add a little ice cream to cool things down. If you were not aware- ice cream and donuts go well together! Do not take my word on this, you must try it for yourself, and call me when you are ready- I can be there in 10 minutes, tops! I topped my Hot KK with Blue Bunny(www.bluebunny.com) Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt. I call it a Hole-In-One! Delicioso!!

EAT HAPPY!






No comments: