Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Daily Donut Day 121- MY SWEET MELISSA'S BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


SWEET MELISSA

September 29th is the birthday of my love, Melissa. To celebrate this special occassion, we decided to invite a small group of friends and family to dinner at The Red Roost(http://www.theredroost.com/), one of the Eastern Shore's oldest and most loved crabhouses.


The Red Roost is located at 2670 Clara Rd in Quantico, Maryland. If you want to try this delicious all-you-can-eat dinner feast, you may want to plug this address into your GPS or give them a call at (410) 546-5443. It is well worth the drive! If you are not sure how to get there, stop by and pick me up on the way, I know where it is!


If you are dining at the Red Roost, you must order the "special." This is a several course meal consisting of the following:
1.Fried shrimp, fried clams, and hush puppies(almost a donut)
2.Corn on the cob(still in the husk)
3. Fried chicken
4. Hot Steamed Maryland Blue Crab!
(all of the above are best served with a couple of pitchers of cold beer and lots of napkins- things will get messy!)
There are instructions on how to pick a steamed crab on the Red Roost website, but, if you stop by and pick me up first, I will be glad to show you how it is done! DE- LISH- US!

THE SWEET MELISSA DONUT

This lovely donut was created by my friends at the Fractured Prune(http://www.thefracturedprune.com/) at 1303 South Salisbury Blvd in Salisbury, MD for a former Miss Maryland. Isn't that fitting! The hot fresh FP donut is dipped in a raspberry glaze, then topped with powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. YUM! Just like my Melissa- Hot, Fresh and Sweet!

I made melissa her own "giant donut cake". This beauty was double chocolate with butter cream and raspberry glaze. This is a donut you can share with your friends!

A Perfect Donut Kiss!

I don't think Melly liked the card I found for her. It had a flavor strip inside that was supposed to taste like a glazed donut. Maybe not so much!

A great time was had by all. There was plenty to eat and much merriment!


Happy Birthday to my very own "Sweet Melissa"!
I love you muchly!

EAT HAPPY!








No comments: